7 Things You Should Know About Divine Healing
7 Things You Should Know About Divine Healing– By Kenneth E. Hagin. It is God’s will to heal you because healing is in His Redemptive Plan. The Bible says that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established (Matt. 18:16). The following texts from Isaiah, Matthew, and First Peter agree that “Himself (Jesus) took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses,”
(1) WITH HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED.
- Surely he hath borne our GRIEFS and carried our SORROWS: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and WITH HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED. —Isaiah 53:4,5
- A good reference Bible will have a marginal note by the words “griefs” and “sorrows” to tell you that the Hebrew words are literally “sicknesses” and “diseases.”
- Dr. Isaac Leeser’s translation of the Hebrew Bible a translation authorized for use by Orthodox Jews reads, “Our diseases did he bear himself, and our pains he carried: while we indeed esteemed him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.”
(2) HIMSELF TOOK OUR INFIRMITIES, AND BARE OUR SICKNESSES.
- That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, HIMSELF TOOK OUR INFIRMITIES, AND BARE OUR SICKNESSES. Matthew 8:17
- This is clearer yet. Matthew says he is quoting Isaiah. If you check the reference, you will find he is quoting Isaiah 53:4.1 like to say it this way: “Jesus took my infirmities and bore my sicknesses.”
- I read that verse for years before I understood what it was saying: Jesus took the cause of our sickness and disease. He took our infirmities and bare our sicknesses.
- We know that Jesus was made to be a sin for us. The object of His sin-bearing was that we might be free from sin, and the object of his sickness-bearing was that we might be free from sickness.
(3) HEALED. 1 Peter 2:24 (It Is God’s Will To Heal You)
- Who his self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes YE WAS HEALED. —1 Peter 2:24
- Thus, Isaiah, Matthew, and Peter three witnesses tell us that not only did Jesus shed His blood for the remission of our sins but with His stripes, we were healed.
- Some people do not believe this. I once read a commentary whose author said that “by whose stripes ye were healed” (1 Peter It Is God’s Will To Heal You
2:24) does not mean physical healing; it means spiritual healing.
According to Scripture, He recreates it and makes the person a new creature.
- Your spirit is healed by His stripes.
- God, however, does not heal the spirit of the sinner.
- Jeremiah and Ezekiel, prophesying in the Old Testament, said, “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel. ” (Jer. 31:31); “
- I will put a new SPIRIT within you, and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh” (Ezek. 11:19).
- Those who believe that God heals man’s spirit do not believe that man ever failed (or sinned).
- Their unscriptural propaganda says that all of us have a spark of divinity that God needs to perfect.
No! A sinner needs to be born again and become a new man the new creature described in Second Corinthians 5:17:
- “Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things become new.”
- (The marginal note here says that he is a “new creation.”)
All things become new; just the sickness passes away.
- When a person gets healed, however, old things do not pass away and all things become new; just the sickness passes away.
- The part that was diseased becomes new.
- (If I have a boil on my nose and that boil gets healed, I don’t get a new nose. It’s the same nose I had. Just the diseased part is gone.)
- Therefore, First Peter 2:24 does not mean spiritual healing; it means just what it said.
- The point I am making is that although that so-called minister said that First Peter 2:24 does not mean physical healing, this was the only verse I gave the crippled woman!
- It is God’s will to heal you. Never doubt it, because it is in His redemptive plan.
It is God’s will to heal you because sickness comes from Satan, not from God.
- 2. It is God’s will to heal you because sickness comes from Satan, not from God, and God doesn’t want His children to have anything that belongs to Satan.
- How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. —Acts 10:38
- I want you to notice that the Scripture said that every one of these sick persons Jesus healed was oppressed of the devil. And do you notice what the Bible calls sickness? Satanic oppression.
Jesus is the Deliverer, but Satan is the oppressor. WHOM SATAN HATH BOUND
- (Jesus said) And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, WHOM SATAN HATH BOUND, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day? —Luke 13:16 because she could not stand straight. Jesus said that it was Satan who had bound her physical body.
(4) I COME THAT THEY MIGHT HAVE LIFE,
- The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I have COME THAT THEY MIGHT HAVE LIFE and that they might have it more abundantly.- John 10:10
God not only provided healing in the Old Testament; He also provided healing in the New Testament.
- God not only dealt with sickness and provided healing in the Old Testament under the Old Covenant; He also dealt with sickness and provided healing in the New Testament under the New Covenant.
- Most people who have studied the Bible know that God dealt with sickness in the Old Testament. Furthermore, something about the nature of God can be learned from these Old Testament Scriptures.
(5) I AM THE LORD THAT HEALETH THEE. —Exodus 15:26
- As soon as Israel, God’s covenant people came out of Egypt and started toward their homeland, God said to them: If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I AM THE LORD THAT HEALETH THEE. —Exodus 15:26
(6) I WILL TAKE SICKNESS AWAY FROM THE MIDST OF THEE.
- And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I WILL TAKE SICKNESS AWAY FROM THE MIDST OF THEE. There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren in the land: THE NUMBER OF THY DAYS I WILL FULFILL. —Exodus 23:25,26
- A minister once asked this question: “If you are not going to be sick, how are you ever going to die?” It tells you right here in verse 26: “the number of thy days I will fulfill.”
God had promised He would take sickness from the midst of them.
- That means that they just wore out, fell asleep, and went home, bless God, without sickness.
- It is a remarkable fact that as long as Israel walked in the covenant God made with them, there was no sickness among them. There is no record of any babies or young people ever having died as long as Israel kept the covenant. There were no premature deaths because every person grew to his full age
before he laid down his work. You see, Jehovah God was everything they needed!
(7) THE LORD WILL TAKE AWAY FROM THEE ALL SICKNESS,
- Now, in Deuteronomy the 7th chapter, God said to Israel: And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
- Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you or your cattle.
- And THE LORD WILL TAKE AWAY FROM THEE ALL SICKNESS, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee. —Deuteronomy 7:13-15
This is talking about how God will love, bless, and multiply His children.
- He says He also will bless the fruit of their womb, the fruit of their land, and the increase of their flocks.
That means He will prosper them materially.
- They will be blessed above all people.
- You see, everything connected with the people of God is to bear the stamp of prosperity and success. Sickness and disease are not to be tolerated among them.
- Note verse 15: “And the Lord will take away from thee all sickness ALL SICKNESS and will put (or as the Hebrew says, “permit”) none of the evil diseases of Egypt. . . upon thee.”
- In our English Bible, Psalms is one book of 150 chapters. The Hebrew Bible, however, has five books of Psalms, corresponding to the first five books of the Bible.
- These books of Psalms were Israel’s prayer and songbooks. If you read the Psalms carefully, they continually mention that God is Israel’s healer.
There are several methods in the Word whereby healings can be obtained.
- There are several methods in the Wordwhereby healings can be obtained. Because everybody’s faith is not on the same level, God has provided seven methods by which physical healings can be obtained through the Word of God.
God does not leave us stranded.
- If we cannot rise to meet Him on His level, He will come down to meet us on ours.
- (1) Use the Name of Jesus against the devil.
- (2) Pray for healing to the Father in the Name of Jesus.
- (3) Agree in prayer based on Matthew 18:19.
- (4) Anoint with oil by James 5:14.
- (5) Receive healing through the laying on of hands.
- (6) Receive healings through gifts of healings.
- (7) Know that healing belongs to you.
Father for our perfect deliverance.
All believers should thoroughly understand that their healing was consummated in Christ. When they come to know that in their spirits just as they know it in their heads that will be the end of sickness and disease in their bodies. But all believers do not thoroughly understand that acting on the Scriptures is a method of receiving divine healing.
All believers have not been taught it. This truth has not been preached as it should even among those who supposedly believe in divine healing. Therefore, believers’ information is slight in this area, and you cannot operate and believe beyond knowledge. That is why God has provided these seven methods by which believers can be healed through the Word.