6 GREAT LAWS OF SUCCESS
6 GREAT LAWS OF SUCCESS. Can you imagine what would happen if the laws of nature suddenly changed? What if gravity had only a fraction of its power? What if the sun mysteriously altered its location? What if the earth abruptly turned on its axis?
It’s the predictable, fixed laws of God’s universe that give order to our planet and the people on it.
- Just as the Almighty devised a precise “arrangement” for the stars in space, He has also established never-changing principles for His greatest creation you and me.
- The great laws of God are all-encompassing rules.
- They apply to a child as well as a retiree to the Chinese as well as the Romanian to the poor as well as the rich.
- The principles that have been established never change.
- They pertain not only to our personal life but to our business activities.
- In your enterprise, whether you make pita bread or precision ball-bearings, the principles are the same.
What changes? Only the procedures and techniques.
- God’s standards are not just platitudes to be read from scripture, they are to be applied to every endeavor.
- Your success depends on it.
- “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it.
- For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.” (Joshua 1:8)
- The edicts and decrees found in scripture number into the hundreds, but I believe there are six great laws that if followed will become a strong foundation for your future.
1. THE GREAT LAW OF FAITH
You will receive in direct proportion to your faith.
- One of the foremost barriers faced by every entrepreneur is the fear factor.
- I can remember the anxiety I wrestled with during the start of my used car business.
- In the back of my mind, I had a fear of going broke.
- But then I read God’s great law of faith.
- The Lord said, “According to your faith let it be to you.” (Matthew 9:29)
- My fear was replaced by a profound belief and expectation and I was ready to conquer the world when I read: “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
- It’s important to realize that faith and fear cannot work simultaneously.
- Either one or the other dominates and is in control.
- As Franklin D. Roosevelt said in his First Inaugural Address, “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
There’s something else to understand: Fear is produced by your mind, but faith comes from the Word. “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17)
When you realize that the object of your faith is also the source of your supply, your potential is unlimited. There’s a song I find myself humming:
- “I will talk to my father for you.
- And if I know my father, here’s what He’ll do.
- He will lay at your feet all the things you pursue.
- It’s no bother for my Father to do it for you.”
- Even your small faith, in the hands of a mighty God, becomes powerful and strong. Jesus said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20)
- Remember, the Lord does not respond to your needs He responds to your faith.
2. THE GREAT LAW OF CONFESSION
What you speak will come to pass.
- Having faith for your future is a necessary ingredient, but there comes a time when you must declare it.
- The power of our words has a force beyond anything we can comprehend.
Exactly how powerful?
- “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” (Proverbs 18:21)
- When I understood God’s laws concerning the spoken word, my language began to change.
- For example, if I hadn’t sold a car for two days I would say to everybody I met: “I’m going to sell two cars today!”
- I learned that my results were in direct proportion to my declarations.
- Just as God “spoke” the world into existence, He has placed great authority in our tongue.
- Jesus said, “For by your words you will be justified, and by your words, you will be condemned.” (Matthew 12:37)
- Critics may scoff, but I have encountered scores of people whose lives were scarred by their speech.
- A lady once told me, “I just know I’ve got cancer. And it’s right where my mother got her’s!” Sure enough, her doctor later confirmed what she had already confessed.
- Make a total commitment that the words you speak will be those of hope, encouragement, and optimism.
3. THE GREAT LAW OF FORGIVENESS
To be forgiven, you must forgive.
- One of the most damaging obstructions to success is an unforgiving spirit.
- If you have relationships that must be restored, don’t wait another minute to begin the process.
- Christ said, “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.” (Luke 6:37)
- Let me tell you a true story about two brothers who were partners in a little country store near the town where I was raised in eastern Ohio.
- One morning, while one brother was pumping gas, the other was in the storeroom checking on the feed supplies.
- Out in the store, there was a dollar bill laying on the cash register that had not been “rung up.”
- To them, fifty years ago that represented a lot of money.
- When they both walked back into the store the dollar was gone.
- Immediately, each brother accused the other of stealing it.
- They looked inside the register it wasn’t there either.
- The one who had been pumping gas said, “You took it!”
- His brother said, “No, it was you!”
- From that moment a great wall of hate came between them.
There was no forgiveness.
- They even split the store in half with each brother selling his goods.
- They refused to speak to each other.
- Many years later a stranger walked into the store and told the brothers, “About 25 years ago I was drifting through here and I had nothing to eat.
- I walked in and the store was empty.
- I saw a dollar laying on the cash register and I took it.
- ” Then he handed them a dollar bill and added some extra dollars for interest.
- The two brothers looked at each other and began to cry.
- Finally, after all that time, they asked for forgiveness.
- God’s rules of mercy and pardon are beyond anything that most people can comprehend.
- However, the moment you ask forgiveness for your sin, you begin to receive a new perspective.
- Since you have been pardoned, it becomes much easier to forgive others.
Put it into practice today.
4. THE GREAT LAW OF RETRIBUTION
Failure awaits those who disobey God’s commandments.
- When I began to learn about the fixed laws of God I only wanted to accept those that were positive. But there were some things I needed to understand. For example, I couldn’t see a reason for God’s law of retribution. But it’s found repeatedly in scripture.
- Have you noticed that when God gives a promise, He almost always gives a warning to those who fail to obey? For example, in the Old Covenant, we read, “And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them.” (Deuteronomy 28:13)
- Then He adds the warning: “But it shall come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe all His commandments and His statutes which I command you today, that these curses will come upon you and overtake you.” (v.15)
- Over the years I have developed a great love and respect for men and women in the ministry.
- No, I do not always agree with their methods or their particular message, but I understand the consequences of opposing them.
The Bible clearly says, “Do not touch My anointed ones, And do My prophets no harm.” (Psalms 105:15)
- Those who fail to heed that warning are violating one of God’s fixed laws. They’re headed for big trouble.
You say, “That’s a superstition!” No, it’s the Word of God.
- The Lord will extend His compassion to those who accept it, but like any good father, He will chastise a child who disobeys.
5. THE GREAT LAW OF INCREASE
Planting in God’s soil produces a giant crop.
- It’s easy to understand that we reap exactly what we saw, but God’s great law of increase says that we can reap more than we sow much more.
- There are, however, specific conditions that must be met.
- Here’s what Christ said concerning receiving a bumper crop.
- “He who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.” (Matthew 13:23)
What an increase!
- When explorer Sir Walter Raleigh returned to England and Ireland in 1596, he brought something they had never seen potatoes.
- They cut the “eyes” out and planted them and before long got back an enormous harvest.
- Soon, potatoes were growing on thousands and thousands of acres.
- They didn’t eat the seed, they planted it.
It’s disheartening to meet someone with great potential then five years later see them again doing the same thing: nothing.
- God’s law of increase, if followed, will bless everything you do. It will cause you to become prolific to not only produce but to reproduce.
6. THE GREAT LAW OF PROSPERITY
Obeying the Lord produces a great reward.
- I believe that it is God’s will for you to prosper financially, physically, and spiritually. That’s what He promised. “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” (3 John 1:2)
- The most important thing mentioned last.
- God wants your soul to prosper since it is the key to keeping every area of your life on track.
- Without a pure heart, you’ll lose the dream the Lord has given for your future.
- You must follow the Lord’s voice not the words of others.
- As God told the prophet, Isaiah, “I have spoken; yes, I have called him, I have brought him, and his way will prosper.” (Isaiah 48:15)
- The law of physics says: For every action, there is a reaction.
It is also true in the Kingdom of God.
- If we keep His commands, we can expect magnificent rewards. Without question, that’s what happened to me. “No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” (Psalms 84:11)
- What is the future of those who take the Lord at His Word? “If they obey and serve Him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.” (Job 36:11)
- People may try to stand in the way of God’s provision, but remember, the Lord can turn any situation around to deliver on His promise.
When God took Joseph into Egypt it was because his brother sold him to that fate.
- It sounded bad, but God willed for that to happen.
- Perhaps you have had a similar experience, where someone close to you has sold you out.
- Joseph became a life-saver for the people who were in slavery. There was a great famine, but the Lord did not allow them to starve. Joseph said to his brother, “But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good.” (Genesis 50:20)
Is it clear that God wants to bless you?
- He has promised abundance beyond anything you can ever ask or think.
“Things” Are Not Important
- Years ago, my wife Sally and I concluded that if we lost every material possession in the world, we would still enjoy the greatest gift of all a personal relationship with the Lord.
- “Things” homes, planes, jewelry, or cars don’t have great meaning.
- We use them, they don’t use us. After all, there’s not one possession we can take to our new home the Lord is preparing.
- Of far greater importance is what we are planting day after day in God’s Kingdom.
The Lord has a remarkable plan for your future.
- The same God that created you is deeply concerned that you follow His precepts.
- The six great laws of success are not hollow expressions. They are fixed tenets that, if put into practice, will transform the forecast of your future from “stormy” to “bright.”
- (Success Secrets insights-This is the testimony of Bill Swad from the book: If I can do, You can too)