Weight Loss: Part 8/10-Natural Weight Loss: When you do not have to Go Over
Weight Loss: Part 8/10-Natural Weight Loss: When you do not have to Go Over. Eat right, keep moving. You just have read all that you need to know about how to prevent being overweight.
That simple set of instructions should be easy to follow,
But not for 35% of people who are unable to prevent being overweight. Of course, once we are overweight, we usually want to trim down for a whole lot of reasons, some related to health, others having to do with looks.
Never too late to lose weight.
But the fact is, it is a whole lot easier to prevent putting on pounds than to try losing them later on. And if there is one thing we all know, it is that weight gain is likely to happen if we do not take forward-looking steps to stop it.
Health experts say that most people who are into losing weight usually stray.
They tend to go back to their old eating habits even after they learn to enjoy low-fat eating. They tend to return to sedentary ways even though they enjoy exercising.
But despite the momentum toward weight gain, you can stop it from happening, experts say. And there are plenty of good reasons to avoid excess pounds, reasons that go beyond vanity or social acceptance.
In fact, some health experts contend that the significance of excess weight is more than cosmetic.
They say that it takes a huge toll on people’s physical health.
The Way to Losing Weight…Naturally
- The nuts and bolts of eating right maintaining a healthy weight are not all that complicated.
- In fact, it is a good bet that most people know pretty well what is best.
- Hence, losing weight the natural way should not be a problem at all.
- Consequently, a reasonable approach for losing weight naturally is to stick to a diet that is high in complex carbohydrates, high in fiber, moderate in protein, and low in fat.
A complex carbohydrate is a baked potato.
- Fat is the sour cream and butter you should not put on it.
- Fiber is vegetables.
- Fat is the oil you should not fry them in.
- Protein is a lean cut of meat.
- Fat is the gravy you should not pour over it.
Moreover, health experts say that dietary fat promotes weight gain because it is a very dense source of calories.
- Also, when you consume excess calories from dietary fat, you store those calories as body fat more efficiently than excess calories from other sources.
On the other hand, it can also help you lose weight naturally if you will not fall into the so-called “fat-free” trap.
- Manufacturers keep coming out with low-fat or fat-free versions of their best-selling foods, but Americans keep getting fatter anyway.
- One of the greatest delusions of the 1990s is that “no fat” means “non-fattening.”
- The truth is, you are often getting just as many calories from the no-fat version, even if the calories are not coming from fat.
- The term fat-free can be a trap if you start to believe that you can eat any amount of the foods that are advertised that way.
What’s more, it is best to respond to hunger with healthful snacks.
- Health experts say it would be better to try eating every three to four hours, which may mean a nutritious low-fat snack between lunch and dinner.
- When you feel the urge for food coming on, snacking on something healthy such as a slice of whole-grain toasted bread is a better alternative.
- Never skip a meal and eat snacks instead because that is the worst thing you can do if you are trying to control your eating habits and weight.
- Remember, if you want to lose weight naturally, you have to keep track of every food you eat and of every activity that you do.
- When you say natural weight loss means that you do not have to use some accessories or helpful aids just to lose weight.
- Losing weight naturally is a process and not a fad.
- Hence, it would take a lot of dogged determination, self-control, and discipline just to achieve your ideal weight.
Weight Loss Exercise
- A lot of us live our lives like penned animals.
- Built to move, too often we put ourselves in a cage.
- We have bodies designed for racing across the savannas, but we live a lifestyle designed for migrating from the bed to the breakfast table; to the car seat; to the office chair; to the restaurant booth; to the living room couch, and back to the bed.
It was not always this way.
- Not long ago in the United States, a man who worked on a farm did the equivalent of 15 miles of jogging every day; and his wife did the equivalent of 7 miles of jogging.
Today, our daily obligations of work and home keep us tied to our chairs, and if we want to exercise, we have to seek it out.
- In fact, health experts insist that the obesity problem is probably caused at least as much by lack of physical activity as by eating too much. Hence, it is important that people need to move around.
- However, that does not mean that a lap or two around the old high school track will offset a daily dose of donuts.
Exercise alone is not very efficient, experts say.
- They contend that if you just exercise and do not change your diet, you may be able to prevent weight gain or even lose a few pounds for a while.
- Nevertheless, it is not something that you are likely to sustain unless exercise is part of an overall program.
- The more regularly you exercise, the easier it is to maintain your weight.
- Here is what to do every day to make sure that you get the exercise you need.
1. Get quality Zzzs.
- Make sure that you get adequate sleep.
- Good sleep habits are conducive to exercise, experts point out.
- If you feel worn out during the day, you are less likely to get much physical activity during the day.
- In addition, there is evidence that people who are tired tend to eat more, using food as a substance for the rest they need.
2. Walk the walk.
- It is probably the easiest exercise program of all.
- In fact, it may be all you ever have to do, according to some professional advice of some health experts.
- Gradually build up to at least 30 minutes of brisk walking five times a week.
- Brisk walks themselves have health and psychological benefits that are well worth the while.
3. Walk the treadmill.
- When the weather is bad, you might not feel like going outdoors.
- But if you have a treadmill in the television room, you can catch up on your favorite shows while you are doing your daily good turn for your weight-maintenance plan.
- Most of us watch television anyway, and indoor exercise equipment enables anyone to turn a sedentary activity into a healthy walk.
4. Seize the time.
- Excuses aside, lack of time is certainly a limiting factor in most lifestyles.
- That is why health experts suggest a basic guideline for incorporating exercise into your schedule.
- Get as much exercise as you can that feels good without letting it interfere with your work or family life.
- If you need to, remind yourself that you are preventing many health problems when you prevent weight gain; and keeping your health is a gift to your family as well as yourself.
Weight Loss: Part 7/10-Nutrition Notes on Weight Loss Supplements
Weight Loss: Part 6/10 “Healthy Diet – A Guide to Weight Loss “
Comments are closed.