Weight Loss: Part 7/10-Nutrition Notes on Weight Loss Supplements
Weight Loss: Part 7/10-Nutrition Notes on Weight Loss Supplements. More and more spend hundred and even thousands of dollars yearly on weight loss supplements in the hope of speeding up their metabolism. The main desire is to be attractive and accepted but it is becoming a more difficult goal to achieve.
The fitness industry is booming but still, a lot of people are unable to cut that fat despite all the exercise and diet efforts.
- Sixty percent of adults are overweight and thirty percent are considered obese.
- This is because one, a lot of weight loss products promise unrealistic goals; two, dietary supplement manufacturers rely on the overweight person’s failure to survive; and three, the information about the supplements in the market are just written by themselves just to make a sell.
Although the Food and Drug Administration has successfully banned illegal marketers, some products are still available.
- Consumers can be deceived by the labels which claim caffeine or ephedra fee not knowing that these supplements are composed of other ingredients that may pose the same health risks.
- These include heart and digestive problems, headaches, insomnia, and even psychological side effects.
- Other supplement manufacturers say that their products contain EGCG which is a phytochemical ingredient found in green tea.
- This so-called component claims to speed up metabolism but in reality, poses to reduce the risk of cancer.
Some studies denote that it could slightly increase the potential to burn calories and now can be found in many weight loss supplements.
- It has good points on the other hand since the body might conform to EGCG after some time.
- Eve the weight loss benefit could sum up to 60 to 70 calories a day.
- This helps prevent excessive weight gain.
- A few other significant effects of weight loss supplements are that they may contain ingredients that makers claim will prevent the absorption of carbohydrates.
One good example is Chitosan, which appears most promising, which shows no positive result in fat absorption.
- It could even take up to seven months for men to lose just a pound of body fat and for women, there is no fat loss at all.
- Thyroid supplements act as thyroid replacements to help regulate and optimize the thyroid at a higher level.
- This they say makes the body feel like a couch potato and won’t perform the job it has to.
Since the number one reason why people eat is that they feel hungry, there is another type of ingredient that manufacturers made which increases the feeling of being full and decreases appetite, Guar Gum.
- However, recent studies show that it has no meaningful benefit at all to weight loss.
- Ironically, manufacturers mix Psyllium that has the reputation of reducing eating and aiding weight loss for initial studies so far do not support this claim although it helps control blood cholesterol and sugar.
One of the latest innovations in the fat loss industry is by way of skin absorption.
- There’s a Cutting Gel, which is an epidural product by far the best selling in fat loss creams technology.
- Rub it where you want the fats cut.
- For now, it will seem safer to advise the age-old remedies to excessive weight gain and that is to invest in walking shoes instead of diet supplements, go to the park and do brisk walking, go to the gym, and have a well-balanced diet instead.
What is in a Weight Loss Diet Pill?
- With all the strenuous activities and sweat-generating regimens that most weight loss programs have, more and more people are enticed to opt for a better alternative, without the trouble of exerting too much effort.
- With the advent of diet pills that promote weight loss, people go mad over the appealing advertisements of most manufacturers claiming that their product can easily “melt away” those fats and cellulite.
- With these pills dominating the market today, who needs to tone those abs and biceps and do some dieting if there is an easier way to lose weight?
- With an estimated 60% of the American population that are now considered obese, these “wonder” drugs are reaping millions of dollars in the United States alone.
Now, the questions are:
- Is there any truth regarding the manufacturers’ claims that these diet pills can ultimately promote weight loss?
- Are they effective in helping people lose weight?
- And if that is the case, do these pills also help those people maintain their ideal weight and curb any fat accumulation in the body?
In reality, there are diet pills that can make a person shed off those extra pounds.
- These diet pills contain certain substances that were already clinically and scientifically proven to be very effective.
- These diet pills are effective in increasing the metabolism of the body, thereby, initiating weight loss.
- Plus, these diet pills contain certain substances that suppress one’s appetite.
- However, with so many diet pills saturating the market today, trying to find the best and most effective diet pill can be very tedious.
Chances are, you may end up choosing the wrong diet pill when your energy to find diet pills wanes down.
- There are only five factors to consider when choosing diet pills that are effective at the same time safe to use.
- Here is a list of the factors that you need to consider to come up with a diet pill that is right and appropriate.
1. The metabolism-boosting ability
- In choosing diet pills that will effectively promote weight loss, it is best to look for pills that have the ingredients that will enhance your body’s metabolism, or the ability of the body to burn excess fats.
- Choose those diet pills that contain alpha-lipoic acid, green tea extracts, and “L-Carnitine” because these ingredients had been clinically proven to be effective in promoting weight loss through increased metabolic rate.
2. The appetite suppressants
- Find diet pills that effectively suppress your appetite.
- It does not necessarily mean that you will skip meals but you will not just feel hungry now and then.
- This is because obesity usually happens to people who are fond of in-between meals, which initiates excessive calorie intake.
3. The calorie stopper
- Because obesity is usually due to excess intake of calories in the body, which is more than the recommended amount, it is best to choose diet pills that have special ingredients that will curb the entry of calories into the body.
- These substances are known as “phaseolus Vulgaris.” This is known to create an enzyme that will efficiently control any excess calories in the body.
- The enzyme responsible for this wonderful job is known as “alpha-amylase.”
4. The metabolic enhancers
- It is best to choose diet pills that have the so-called “lipotropic elements” that are effective in eliminating fats from the body.
- It functions like a sweeper that effectively sweeps excess fats outside the body.
- These lipotropic elements are found in vitamin C, chitosan, alpha-lipoic acid, and green tea extracts.
5. The water-retention breaker
- Effective diet pills are those that contain diuretics. These are elements that avert the retention of water in the body during the weight loss regimen.
- All of these factors are, indeed, clinically proven and effective in losing weight.
- Though, it must be kept in mind that diet pills alone are not sufficient to provide optimum weight loss.
- Hence, it is still important to do some exercises.
- Therefore, with exercise and the right diet pills, you are definitely on your way to a healthier, slimmer you.
Drugs that Induce Weight Loss
- Recent studies have shown that more people are getting overweight every year.
- This happens not only to adults but even to kids who have just started school.
- A lot of factors cause this to happen such as genetics, overeating, the type of food taken into the body, and as people age, the metabolism slows down making it harder than before to burn the food that was just consumed.
There are many ways to solve this problem.
- Some have decided to undergo surgery, while others have decided to change their dietary intake and exercise.
- Since this takes time and most people can’t wait to get rid of the extra weight, these people have decided to take the fastest way out which is through the use of weight loss drugs.
- From the 1950s until the late ’90s, doctors prescribed drugs for weight loss.
- The drug works by increasing the serotonin levels in the brain that makes the brain believe that the stomach is already full and thus, increases the person’s metabolic rate.
- It was only after scientists discovered that these drugs had side effects and were related to cause heart valve disease that these were taken off the shelves.
Later on, new drugs were developed and prescribed by doctors and many of which are still waiting for FDA approval.
- Most people have known friends or family members who have tried using diet pills and have seen tremendous improvement.
- The idea that a simple drug can change everything without the need to change the diet or sacrificing anything is very tempting.
- This has made consumers spend millions of dollars every year and has given drug companies a lot of money making and selling the drug.
Diet pills can be purchased either over-the-counter or prescribed by a doctor.
- Even with the advances in medical technology, these drugs can still cause a lot of health-related problems which can be unpleasant such as diarrhea and vomiting, harmful such as tightness in the chest and urinary tract problems, and fatal such as a heart attack or a stroke.
- An overdose of the diet pills can cause tremors, confusion, hallucinations, shallow breathing, renal failure, heart attack, and convulsions.
The side effects vary depending on the lifestyle and health of the person and can be minimized as long as one consults the doctor first before buying it.
- Should one decide to stop using the drugs, studies have shown that there are also side effects.
- These include noticeable mood swings, hyperactivity, and pain in the stomach, insomnia, and nightmares, severe irritability, extreme fatigue, depression, nausea, vomiting, and trembling.
- A lot of clinical tests will show that the drugs are taken to lose weight work. But this can only work if it is done with a low-calorie diet and an exercise plan.
A good diet should have food from all the food groups.
- This should have vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- A lot can come from oats, rice, potatoes, and cereals.
- The best still come from vegetables and fruits since these have phytochemicals, enzymes, and micronutrients that are essential for a healthy diet.
A person can jog every morning or sign up and work out in a gym.
- Just like taking any medicine, one should first consult the doctor before undergoing any form of exercise.
- The best exercise plan should have cardiovascular and weight training exercises.
- This helps burn calories and increase the muscle to fat ratio that will increase one’s metabolism and lose weight.