SUCCESS-YOU NEED A VISION-DARE TO BE DIFFERENT
FOR SUCCESS-YOU NEED A VISION THAT DARES TO BE DIFFERENT. “You cannot move from where you are until you see beyond where you are.” – Martin Luther King Jr FOR SUCCESS-YOU NEED A VISION-DARE TO BE DIFFERENT, And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it to his brethren: and they hated him yet the more. Genesis 37:5 You need a vision (or a dream) to get to the top. The above Scripture tells us that Joseph, that great man, began with a dream. In verse nine, Joseph dreamt again, And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it to his brethren, said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. Genesis 37:9
To get to the top, you must have a dream,
- because whatever is not your vision can never be your portion in life.
You can never achieve in life what your heart cannot conceive.
- A life left to chance is a life left in chains.
- Whenever you see a person who has left his life to chance – whatever will be will be – without a definite vision, that person has left his life in chains.
- You have to understand that whatever you do not see coming will never come.
- Joseph saw himself ascending, and his brothers bowing down to him.
- And it came to pass!
You cannot move from where you are until you see beyond where you are.
- Martin Luther King Jr said, “A man is not fit to live if he has no purpose for living; or if he has nothing for which he can die.”
- For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:… Proverbs 23:7
- Four years ago, my wife and I were traveling out.
- At the airport, we met a set of identical twins (boys) who were then airline attendants.
- As they saw us off to the tarmac to board the flight, I asked them, “So what do you want to do with your lives?”
They echoed, “We want to be pilots”.
- My wife said to me, “They look like wild dreamers.”
- I told them to come and see me at the office when we return.
- They did come to see me, and I got to know that each one of them needed about eleven million nairas to see their “wild dream” become a reality.
- Their father was late, and they had no one to sponsor them.
I agreed with them in prayer, that their dream must come to pass.
- And we kept on praying.
- Eventually, after about a year, they got sponsorship, and all that remained was transport fare to get them to where the training was to take place.
- My wife and I took care of that.
- About six months ago, one of them sent me a message saying, “I have finished my training.
Now, I am a certified pilot, qualified to fly a one or two-engine airplane.
- But I want to go for Boeing (727, 737) training, that will qualify me to fly bigger aircraft.”
- Recently, they sent me a message that they were on their way back home having completed all the training.
- These were boys that merely had secondary school qualifications before I knew them.
- But if you looked into their eyes, you could see that they were going to become pilots and nothing was going to stop them – not even the fact that they had no father or material wealth.
- Nothing was going to stop them.
- “That is the power of vision,” my wife said when I told her about their accomplished dream.
What you do not see, you cannot seize.
- What you do not a picture, you can never capture.
- You cannot just leave your life to chance.
- You need to have a dream.
- And You need to have a vision.
- That is your number one secret to the top. Now I ask you, what do you see?
FOR SUCCESS-YOU NEED A VISION-DARE TO BE DIFFERENT
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT
- “You will not be rewarded by how similar you are to people. You will be rewarded by how unique you are as a person.”
- And Joseph brought unto his father their evil report. Genesis 37:2 Joseph was a different person from his brothers.
- The Bible tells us that Joseph always brought the evil report of his brothers to his father.
- There was something different about him.
- You see, you do not make a difference if you are no different.
You do not stand out until you step out.
- I heard from God’s servant, Bishop David Oyedepo, “You do not make waves until you make moves.”
- And these moves must be away from those who are normal.
- My passion, in this book, is to let you know that you have not been called to conform to society.
- You have been called to transform society.
- You have not been called to conform to the generality.
- And You have been called to transform the generality.
Get this: The desire to be like everybody is the reason for so many nobodies.
- Everybody wants to dress or speak like somebody.
- Everybody wants to do what somebody is doing.
- No; be different!
- To flow with the crowd is to be lost in the crowd.
- And my counsel to you is, do not be afraid to step out, even if you have to stand alone.
- Joseph stood alone, for almost seventeen years in the prison; but the end justifies the means.
- You will not be rewarded by how similar you are to people.
- You will be rewarded for how unique you are as a person.
- Heaven and earth will reward you for how unique you are as a person.
- When you struggle to be like someone else, the best you can be is a miserable number two, if you ever get to that position at all.
- Be a pace-setter, not a peace-keeper struggling to keep pace with what everybody else is doing.
- And Be a frontline not on the bandwagon.
- Be the person others want to be like, not the one struggling to be like others.
- Jesus says you are, a city that is set on a hill that cannot be hidden (Matthew 5:14).
- That is who you are.
- Because you believe God’s Word, I prophesy over your life today, that, You are going to stand out as one that your generation and nation will see as a different person.
- You are going to change your world, in Jesus’ Name!
- When everybody is sitting, stand.
- When everybody is standing, stand out.
- And When everybody is standing out, be outstanding!
- Be different!
FOR SUCCESS-YOU NEED A VISION-DARE TO BE DIFFERENT
JEALOUSY – AVOID IT!
- “When you take your eyes off your goals and begin to look at the progress or success of others, it gives birth to jealousy.”
- And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it to his brethren, said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.
- And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed?
- Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth? And his brethren envied him, but his father observed the saying.
- Genesis 37:9-11
- If your desire in life is to get to the top, you must, as a matter of necessity, avoid jealousy.
Learn to celebrate the greatness and good things.
- What rendered the brethren of Joseph useless was the jealousy and envy they demonstrated towards Joseph.
- That was what kept them in the background.
- Jealousy is a product of life without vision.
- When you take your eyes off your goals and begin to look at the progress or success of others, it gives birth to jealousy.
- When you take your eyes off your focus, goal, or pursuit in life, and fix it on someone else’s success or results, you open yourself to jealousy.
- And you know, once focus is lost, speed is lost.
- Once the speed is lost, success is lost.
- And ultimately, when success is lost, the impact is lost.
- What you do not celebrate, you will never attract.
What you hate you cannot have.
- Or, What you do not as you will inevitably lack.
- Many are where they are in life today because they do not celebrate success, progress, or good things in the lives of other people.
- You see, bad will is the origin of witchcraft.
- A man with bad will is just bitter, hateful, and resentful over another person’s lifting, promotion, or advancement.
- Have you ever been around someone who is always bitter, critical, and resentful?
- He deems everyone successful as wrong.
- When you see anyone who is always criticizing successful people but does not bother about failures, run away from such a person.
- He has the spirit of witchcraft.
When you celebrate other people’s blessings and thank God on their behalf,
- the anointing of the Holy Spirit begins to work on you, and your mind begins to open up.
- God then begins to work in your life, because what you celebrate, you must attract.
- Whenever you exist with focus, you must proceed with speed.
- Wherever you focus, you must have speed.
- Never criticize successful people who are doing well.
- Do not criticize people who have testimonies, and do not allow anyone to criticize them where you are.
- When you criticize other people’s success, what you are saying, in essence, is that you hate it.
You do not like it. You do not want it.
- The more you continue in that criticism, the more calamity multiplies around you.
- If you watch and X-ray the lives of people who talk and recklessly criticize others rashly – no matter who they are – you will notice that everything about their lives is shrunken, dried-up, and shriveled.
- That is all because they have demonstrated that they do not like good things in their lives.
- Please, learn to celebrate the great things that happen in other people’s lives.
- You will see the same good things happen in your life too.