5 Visualization Techniques To Boost Your Success
5 Visualization Techniques To Boost Your Success. If you’ve never heard of utilizing creative visualization to achieve success in your life, then you are missing out on a powerful mental technique that can help you achieve all of your goals and accomplish your heart’s desires. Creative visualization uses your imagination to help you create what you want in your life.
Whether you know it or not, you are already using creative visualization in your life every day, although most of the time it the technique is being used subconsciously. However, many people have learned how to consciously use the power of creative visualization to improve their lives and attract success.
The process of creative visualization takes advantage of the power of our minds to imagine various scenarios.
- Your imagination gives you the ability to create a mental picture or a feeling sense of something, whether it is an object, an event, or an activity.
- When it comes to our minds, the images that we visualize are the same as those that we see with our eyes; both images are real to our minds.
Creative visualization is nothing more than the process of forming a detailed and vibrant picture in our minds.
- We can picture anything that we want in our lives, whether it be changing our circumstances for the better, making more money, becoming healthier, attracting love, and everything else that we can imagine.
The process of creative visualization uses the power of our minds to allow our thoughts to manifest into their physical components.
- While not everyone can just close their eyes and visualize what they want from their life, some simple techniques can help you learn how to imagine all your wants and desires and help you boost your success.
1. Create a Vision Board
- While just about everyone has heard of a vision board, not everyone knows how to use one to help you visualize your future properly.
- Many people merely place a bunch of pictures on a board, hang it up in their house, and call it good.
- However, just having a bunch of pictures hanging up on the wall isn’t going to benefit you as much as you might think.
To correctly utilize a vision board for creative visualization, you need to start by writing down all of your goals, desires, and dreams.
- Next, you need to write down how you envision your life will be once you reach those goals, accomplished your dreams, and had everything that you desired.
- Then, you want to find pictures and quotes that represent the lifestyle that you are dreaming about. It’s essential that you don’t overdo it, as it can become too overwhelming and will eventually end up disappointing you if it doesn’t work.
The vision board is meant to bring about the image in your mind of the things that you most desire.
- So, when you look at the pictures you’ve assembled for your board, you need to close your eyes and envision yourself in the scenario.
- A vision board is ideal for those who find it difficult to visualize the images and surrounding clearly.
2. Practice Meditation
- While the most common form of meditation is a practice where you sit quietly and try to clear your mind of all thoughts, there are various other forms of meditation that you can utilize to help you with your process of creative visualization, from guided meditation to breathing meditation, to focus meditation.
- This creative visualization technique is based on the concept of focused meditation.
- When it comes to creative visualization, you’ll be focusing on your goals and desires.
For this technique, you’ll need to sit down and meditate following these steps.
- 1. Have some calming and soothing music playing in the background.
- 2. Sit down in a comfortable position on a mat, cushion, or chair. Make sure that your back is straight, but try to avoid allowing it to become uptight.
- 3. Start your meditation practice by observing your breathing until you become comfortable and enter a calm and relaxed state.
- 4. Think of any of your desires or goals that you currently have.
- 5. Put yourself in the exact situation where you just realized that you have manifested your goal or desire.
If this brings a smile to your face, tell yourself that you are happy, proud, and satisfied.
- If another thought begins to creep into your mind, just start to think about what you would do next, who would you call and tell you’re good news to, stay on that particular goal or desire for as long as you can before moving on to the next one.
- This creative visualization technique is one of the better ones to try.
- However, it does take some time and practice to get good at it.
- If you have the patience to work on bettering yourself, then this can be a compelling technique.
3. Create a Visualization Script
- This is a creative visualization technique that is perfect for when your mind feels a bit distracted, or if you are feeling anxious or upset.
- A visualization script is much like keeping a diary or a journal, except it focuses on your goals and desires.
- To utilize this creative visualization technique, you’ll need to get a blank journal or notebook.
- Take out your notebook and start to write down your ideal day as if it has already occurred.
- You can start each of your journal entries by writing, “Dear Diary, today was a great day. I . . .” and so on.
The best part of this technique is that you are less likely to be distracted by random thoughts as you write things down.
- Writing things down as if an event has already happened, or as if you have already obtained your deepest desires and wants helps to create the required vibrations and energy that is needed to make creative visualization useful.
- If you need some help getting started with this particular technique, you can try the present me versus future my method to help you get started.
This technique requires you to write down how you are currently, and where you want to be in different areas of your life.
- You want to try to describe your particular situation in as much detail as possible.
- You can do this by including all five of your senses in your descriptions.
- You want to suit your script to your particular situation.
- When you describe your ideal life in this kind of detail, you can’t stop your mind from manifesting the vibrations needed to manifest all your heart’s desires.
4. Use Music to Aid Your Visualization
- This technique is similar to watching a movie where a song is playing in the background as the characters live their lives.
- It is extremely simple to implement and will help you tremendously through your creative visualization journey.
- The first thing that you need to do for this technique, like the vision board, is write down all of your goals and desires.
Next, you’ll need to find songs that resonate closely with your vision.
- For example, if you are looking to bring love into your life, then you’ll want to find a romantic song, or if you are trying to manifest success in your career, then you will want to find songs that are powerful.
- After you’ve found your songs, listen to them and imagine that they are playing in the background as you live your dream life.
- This will bring your energy levels up and help you with the visualization process.
5. Do Self Hypnosis
- This technique doesn’t require you to go out and spend a ton of money on a hypnosis tape because you will be creating your own.
Here are the steps you need to follow to create a hypnosis tape.
- 1. Write down your desires in the second person point of view. An example would be “You are a successful Marketing manager at XYZ company.
- 2. Write down the supporting statements for this desire. For example, you are a charismatic leader and a calm thinker. You are appreciated and loved by your colleagues, as well as your boss.
- 3. Put some meditation music on in the background.
- 4. Start your voice recorder app.
- 5. In a calm tone, read your statements out loud.
- You’ve completed your self-hypnosis tape.
Now, you should listen to this tape for at least 15 minutes every day.
- Make sure that you aren’t just listening to the tape, but that you feel that what you are hearing is true.
You can use this technique on days when you aren’t able to get yourself into the visualization zone or when you are in a hurry.