Tips To Lose 10 Pounds
Tips To Lose 10 Pounds. Although some people find themselves dealing with more serious weight problems, most people who want to lose a little weight are relatively healthy. If you want to lose 10 pounds, there’s a good chance that those pounds were gained very slowly over many months – the weight doesn’t represent a problem as much as a few times during the past year where you overindulged (usually the holidays) and failed to make up for it.
Here are some tips to lose those 10 pounds:
Pick Your Time
- Weight loss involves very personal issues for most people and is closely related to their self-esteem.
- You must attempt to lose 10 pounds at the appropriate time at a time where you otherwise feel good and satisfied with your life.
- If you try and lose 10 pounds during a period in your life where you have a lot of stress or other distracting things going on, you drastically increase your chances of failure, which will only make things worse.
Change Your Diet
- Try as much as possible to balance your diet.
- This doesn’t mean that you have to starve yourself rather make a point of getting no more the 30% of your calories from fat.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables and try to add as much variety to your diet as possible.
- Try new things and new meal ideas.
Keep Track Of Your Progress
- The problem with dieting for many people, especially in the early stages, is that even if the diet is working they can’t see any results.
- It’s hard to notice if you lose 1 pound.
- For this reason, it’s important that your track your progress, so you can have a good sense of the accomplishments you’ve made.
- By calculating how many calories you’ve eaten and how much you’ve burned through exercise every day, you can track how many calories (and
ultimately how much weight) you are losing.
Do It With Friends
- A great and fun way to help you stick with your plan is to undertake your project of losing 10 pounds with a friend.
- Not only will you be able to provide support for each other and track each other’s progress, but you’ll be able to engage in fun exercise activities together.
Make Your Plan Realistic
- You must set achievable goals for yourself.
- For example, with just some basic changes in your lifestyle and eating habits, you can lose 1 pound a week.
- There’s no need to be in a huge rush to lose weight, and trying to lose weight quickly often requires a regimen that is difficult to keep up with.
- For most people, it is healthier to lose weight slowly than with drastic dietary changes.
- Many people would like to lose 10 pounds, and almost anyone can if they follow the advice above.
- By avoiding a “quick fix” and sticking with long-term healthy choices, you’ll find your project to lose 10 pounds will leave you not only thinner but healthier and feeling better about yourself.
- We’ve probably all found ourselves, at one time or another in our lives, wanting to lose some weight.
- Whether you’re trying to take off some pounds gained during the holiday season, preparing for a summer trip, or simply looking for a way to feel more fit and healthy, trying to lose weight is rarely a bad idea.
- This is the most obvious starting point, yet one that is commonly overlooked.
- Most people, when they’re trying to lose 10 pounds, think of things like cutting out junk food and avoiding snacks.
- While this is no doubt important, it is not necessary to starve yourself if you’re looking to lose 10 pounds.
The most important things to consider in terms of your diet are balance and proportion.
- If you want to lose 10 pounds for good, you’re going to have to think in terms of your overall eating habits.
- By changing your eating habits permanently for the better, the weight you lose will stay lost.
- Your daily intake of food should include a well-balanced proportion of protein, carbohydrates, and vegetables.
- Variety is the key to this.
Ask yourself: can you name more than 3 vegetables that you eat regularly and enjoy?
- Or more generally: how many different “meals” do you make for yourself during an average week?
- Most people in answering these questions will realize that there’s not as much variety to their diet as they may have thought.
- When trying to lose 10 pounds, you also have to try to be in tune with your body as much as possible.
- You probably don’t realize, unless you think about it, how little you adhere to your body’s needs.
- Most people eat roughly the same amount at the same time every day.
- While this is convenient, it doesn’t necessarily sync up with what you need.
Ask yourself: are you always hungry when you eat?
- Do you stop eating when you’re full, or do you eat all of whatever you’ve made?
- These simple changes in dietary habits can work wonders, and render your goal of losing 10 pounds less daunting than it probably seems.
- A Diet To Lose 10 Pounds
- Almost all of us at one time or another have wanted to lose weight.
- Some people are motivated by the arrival of summer, while others have set new year’s resolutions or are trying to work off some holiday weight.
- Whatever the reasons, the desire to lose 10 pounds is a common one, and can be achieved through dietary habits.
When looking to lose 10 pounds, it’s important to understand that your dietary habits are just that: habits.
- In other words, there’s probably not only a lot of things that you eat that you don’t give much thought to, but also a lot of ways that you eat that you don’t think about.
- By changing your dietary habits you will not only lose weight, but you will be able to keep that weight off.
- Before you look at specific diets to lose 10 pounds, think about your eating routines.
It’s important to eat a wide variety of foods and to eat in proportion.
- A sure sign that you need to incorporate more variety and balance into your diet is if you can only think of a few “standard meals” that you cook for yourself, or if you can only name a few vegetables that you like.
- Not only will adding more variety to your diet help you lose those ten pounds, but it will also provide you with an opportunity to expand the range of meals you can cook.
- The other thing to consider when trying to lose ten pounds is your eating habits themselves.
- We all naturally fall into routines, and there’s a good chance that you eat roughly the same amount of food at the same time every day.
- While this is convenient, it’s not necessarily what your body desires.
- When you eat, make a point of eating slowly and of stopping when you’re full.
- As simple as it sounds, many people eat what they prepare, when they prepare it, regardless of whether or not they are hungry.
- By learning to understand how your body is relating to the food you put in it, you’ll be able to make permanent dietary choices that result in weight loss without being very restrictive.
Now, in some cases, you’re going to want to lose 10 pounds fairly quickly. If you find yourself in this position consider the following small dietary changes:
Stop eating cream cheese:
- while you probably already know that cream cheese isn’t healthy, you might not know that a toasted bagel can taste great without it.
Remove Chicken Skin:
- A simple way to reduce fat is to get in the habit of removing the skin from chicken breasts. You’ll find this easy to do by scraping a sharp knife perpendicularly across the surface of the breast.
Skip Salted Peanuts:
- Peanuts are a great and filling snack when you’re hungry, but try switching to the salt-free variety. You’ll be surprised how quickly you get used to them you’ll soon find salted peanuts unappetizing.
- These are just some of the small changes you can make to your diet to lose 10 pounds.
- if you want to keep the weight off, you’ll have to make some of the more permanent dietary changes listed earlier as well.
Lose 10 Pounds By Adjusting Your Eating Habits
- Whether you’re trying to lose some holiday weight, made a new year’s resolution, or simply want to look and feel healthier, a weight loss attempt is rarely a bad idea.
- A good place to start for most people is to set a goal to lose 10 pounds.
- To lose 10 pounds should be easily attainable for most people, and often with less work than you think.
When people think about losing weight, the first thing that usually comes to mind is diet.
- Your diet is, of course, one of the most primary influences on your overall weight, and you would be ill-advised to overlook it in your attempt to lose 10 pounds.
- Rather than thinking only about your diet, however, you should think about your eating habits as a whole.
- By looking at the bigger picture you will be able to effect more permanent changes on your weight.
- In some cases, and for some people, it is possible to lose 10 pounds quickly through some hard and fast dietary rules.
The problem, though, is that these rules are likely going to be restrictive, so there’s a good chance that they’re going to be hard to stick to.
- Not only that, but if you do stray from the restrictions, those 10 pounds are going to come back quickly.
- A much better way to try and lose 10 pounds is to adjust your overall eating habits.
- While it may ultimately take a little longer to lose the weight this way, the weight loss is far more likely to be permanent.
To lose 10 pounds by adjusting your eating habits, you have to first give those habits scrutiny.
- If you stop and think about it, you’ll probably be surprised how often you eat when you are not hungry.
- For example, many people eat in front of the TV not because they are hungry, but out of habit.
- In the same manner, you probably eat the same amount of food at the same times every day, with little regard for your hunger.
The way you’re going to lose 10 pounds, then, is to listen more closely to your body.
- The stomach sends very clear signals, but they are slow: it is a rule of thumb that you don’t “feel” full until 20 minutes after you are full.
- This is why people get overstuffed: we’ve all had the experience of wanting one more help, only to regret it 20 minutes later.
- So you should attempt to eat your food more slowly and to savor it this will allow your body more time to signal to you how full it is.
- Also, make sure to stop eating when you’re full you can always save leftovers because there’s no reason to eat food simply because it’s there.
Altering your eating habits is one of the most effective and easiest ways that you can lose 10 pounds.
- For many people, weight loss will occur simply by reducing your intake of food.
- This doesn’t mean you have to starve yourself, it just means not eating when you’re not hungry.
- Following the guidelines above will allow you to permanently change your eating habits, and more importantly: to lose 10 pounds, and keep it off.