51 GREAT THINGS POSITIVE THINKERS SAY
These sayings by some of the greatest thinkers and action-takers of all ages are too good not to share:
1. Each of us makes his weather, and determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe that he inhabits. – Fulton J Sheen
2. All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action. – James Russell Lowell
3. You cannot escape the results of your thoughts… Whatever your present environment may be, you will fall, remain or rise with your thoughts, your vision, and your ideal. You will become as small as your controlling desire, as great as your dominant aspiration. – James Lane Allen
4. We become just by performing just actions, temperate by performing temperate actions, and brave by performing brave actions. – Aristotle
5. Man does not simply exist, but always decides what his existence will be, what he will become in the next moment. – Victor Frankel
6. It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts. – Robert H Schuller
7. They can because they think they can. – Virgil.
8. The world has a way of giving what is demanded of it. If you are frightened and look for failure and poverty, you will get them, no matter how hard you may try to succeed. A lack of faith in yourself, in what life will do for you, cuts you off from the good things of the world. Expect victory and you make victory. Nowhere is this truer than in business life, where bravery and faith bring both material and spiritual rewards. – Preston Bradley
9. I’ve never been poor, only broke. Being poor is a frame of mind. Being broke is a temporary situation. – Mike Todd.
10. Optimist: A man who gets treed by a lion, but enjoys the scenery. – Walter Winchell
11. What we see depends mainly on what we look for. – John Lubbock.
12. All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we see, we become. – Buddha
13. The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts… Take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature. – Marcus Aurelius
14. Immense power is acquired by assuring yourself in your secret reveries that you were born to control affairs. – Andrew Carnegie.
15. Man is what he believes. – Anton Chekhov.
16. Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different. Life would change appearance because we had changed our attitude. – Katherine Mansfield
17. People only see what they are prepared to see. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. We create our fate every day… Most of the ills we suffer from are directly traceable to our behavior. – Henry Miller
19. The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind. – William James
As a man thinketh
20. As a man thinketh, so is he, and as a man is chooseth, so is he. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. They can because they think they can. – Virgil
22. Thoughts lead to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny. – Tyron Edwards.
23. If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees a possible… What wine is so sparkling, so fragrant, so intoxicating, as a possibility! – Soren Kierkegaard
24. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. – Helen Keller
25. The mind is its place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven. – John Milton.
26. Optimism is an intellectual choice. – Diana Schneider
27. All that a man does outwardly is but the expression and completion of his inward thought. To work effectively, he must think clearly; to act nobly, he must think nobly. – William Ellery Channing.
28. The principle of life is that life responds by corresponding; your life becomes the thing you have decided it shall be. – Raymond Charles Barker.
Our best friends and our worst enemies are our thoughts.
29. Our best friends and our worst enemies are our thoughts. A thought can do us more good than a doctor or a banker or a faithful friend. It can also do us more harm than a brick. – Dr. Frank Crane
30. There is in the worst of fortune the best of chances for a happy change. – Euripides.
31. Happiness will never be any greater than the idea we have of it. – Maurice Maeterlinck
32. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – W W Ziege
33. The most unhappy of all men is he who believes himself to be so. – David Hume
34. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, and richer in achievement and experience. – Eddie Rickenbacker.
35. Great things are not something accidental, but must certainly be willed. – Vincent van Gogh
36. Optimism is essential to achievement and is also the foundation of courage and true progress. – Nicholas Murray Butler
37. Man’s rise or fall, success or failure, happiness or unhappiness depends on his attitude… A man’s attitude will create the situation he imagines. – James Lane Allen
38. I believe that if you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, and richer in achievement and experience. – Eddie Rickenbacker
39. The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. – Chinese Proverb
40. Treat people as if they were what they should be, and you help them become what they are capable of becoming. – Johann von Goethe
41. Think you can, think you can’t; either way, you’ll be right. – Henry Ford
The world is a great mirror.
42. The world is a great mirror. It reflects what you are. If you are loving, if you are friendly, if you are helpful, the world will prove loving and friendly and helpful to you. The world is what you are. – Thomas Dreier.
43. If at first, you don’t succeed, try, try, and try again. Then give up. There’s no use being a damned fool about it. – WC Fields
44. It is good to act as if. It is even better to grow to the point where it is no longer an act. – Charles Caleb Colton
45. The only prison we need to escape from is the prison of our minds. – Anon 46. We must dare to think unthinkable thoughts. – James W Fulbright.
47. I make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes. – Sara Teasdale
48. Our minds can shape the way a thing will be because we act according to our expectations. – Frederico Fellini.
49. When in doubt, duck. – Malcolm Forbes
50. Happiness is not a matter of events, it depends upon the tides of the mind. – Alice Maynell
51. When you barely look at the world, how narrow it seems! When you look at it in a mean way, how mean it is! When you look at it selfishly, how selfish it is! But when you look at it in a broad, generous, friendly spirit, what wonderful people you find in it. – Horace Rutledge