FAMOUS 34 QUOTES OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN
FAMOUS QUOTES OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN
- 1. My father taught me to work; he did not teach me to love it.
- 2. Common-looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.
- 3. How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn’t make it a leg.
- 4. And in the end it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
- 5. My experience has taught me that a man who has no vices has damned few virtues.
- 6. Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him work diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built.
- 7. Will springs from the two elements of moral sense and self-interest.
- 8. My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.
- 9. The way for a young man to rise is to improve himself in every way he can, never suspecting that anybody wishes to hinder him.
10. I am a slow walker, but I never walk backward.
- 11. I will prepare and someday my chance will come.
- 12. I want it said of me by those who knew me best; that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow.
- 13. I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best every day.
- 14. If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.
- 15. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
FAMOUS QUOTES OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN
- 16. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
- 17. I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.
- 18. Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
- 19. People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- 20. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
QUOTES OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN
- 21. With malice toward none, with charity for all.
- 22. That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
- 23. Always bear in mind, that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other thing.
- 24. Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way.
- 25. I have noticed that folks are generally about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- 26. I don’t think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.
- 27. The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.
- 28. When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.
- 29. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
- 30. The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.
- 31. I don’t like the man. I must get to know him better.
- 32. Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and under a just God, can not long retain it.
- 33. Whatever you are be a good one.
- 34. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.