ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE: THE LAWS OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE-(PART 1)
ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE: THE LAW’S OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE– THERE is now therefore no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh. Romans 8:1, For the law of the spirit of life, in Christ Jesus, hath delivered me from the law of sin and of death.
Romans 8:2. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh; God sending his own Son, in the likeness of sinful flesh and of sin, hath condemned sin in the flesh; Romans 8:3
The Bible contains various teachings about the laws of the spirit or principles that govern the spiritual realm. While the specific term “laws of the spirit” may not be explicitly mentioned in that exact phrasing, the Bible does provide guidance on spiritual principles and truths.
1. Love:The Bible emphasizes the importance of love as a fundamental law of the spirit. Jesus Christ taught that the greatest commandments are to love God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and to love your neighbor as yourself. Love is seen as the foundation of all spiritual laws and actions.
2. Faith: The Bible teaches that faith is essential for a relationship with God. Faith involves trust, belief, and reliance on God and His promises. It is through faith that people are saved and can experience spiritual growth.
3. Forgiveness: The Bible teaches the importance of forgiveness, both receiving forgiveness from God and extending forgiveness to others. It is a spiritual law that forgiveness brings healing and restoration.
4. Obedience: Obedience to God’s commands and instructions is considered a vital aspect of spiritual life. The Bible teaches that obeying God’s Word leads to blessings and a closer relationship with Him.
5. Fruit of the Spirit: The apostle Paul writes about the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23, which includes love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. These qualities are considered evidence of the Holy Spirit’s work in the life of a believer.
6. Prayer and Worship: The Bible encourages believers to pray and worship God. These spiritual disciplines help believers connect with the divine and deepen their relationship with Him.
It’s important to note that the laws of the spirit described in the Bible are not meant to be a strict legalistic code, but rather principles and guidelines for living a godly and righteous life. The Bible provides wisdom and guidance for believers to navigate their spiritual journey and grow in their relationship with God.
- That the justification of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the spirit. Romans 8:4
- For they that are according to the flesh, mind the things that are of the flesh; but they that are according to the spirit, mind the things that are of the spirit. Romans 8:5
- For the wisdom of the flesh is death, but the wisdom of the spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6
- Because the wisdom of the flesh is an enemy to God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither can it be. Romans 8:7
Romans 8:8-10, 15
- And they who are in the flesh, cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if any man has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Romans 8:9
- And if Christ is in you, the body indeed is dead, because of sin; but the spirit liveth, because of justification. Romans 8:10
- For you have not received the spirit of bondage again in fear; but you have received the spirit of adoption of sons, whereby we cry: Abba (Father). Romans 8:15
- For the Spirit, himself giveth testimony to our spirit, that we are the sons of God. Romans 8:16
Romans 8:17-18, 19, 23, 30
- And if sons, heirs also; heirs indeed of God and joint-heirs with Christ: yet so, if we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified with him. Romans 8:17
- For I reckon that the sufferings of this time are not worthy to be compared with the glory to come,
- that shall be revealed in us. Romans 8:18
- For the expectation of the creature Waite for the revelation of the sons of God. Romans 8:19
- And not only it, but ourselves also, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption of the sons of God, the redemption of our body. Romans 8:23
- And whom he predestination, them he also called. And whom he called, them he also justified. And whom he justified, them he also glorified. Romans 8:30
- But in all these things we overcome, because of him, that hath loved us. Romans 8:37
- For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor might, Romans 8:38
- Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:39
- The Lord Jesus Christ Is In Every Book of the Bible. Jesus in the 66 Books of the Bible.