Do You Want to Lose 6 Pounds in Just 1 Week?
Do You Want to Lose 6 Pounds in Just 1 Week? While many diets are geared at people who want to lose 20 pounds or more, the plan I’m presenting here will help you lose 6 pounds quickly perhaps in just one week. The first thing you want to do is clear out your pantry of all the foods that make you fat. Clean out your refrigerator and throw things away. Donate the packaged food in your pantry to a local food bank.
The grocery store and buy the following sixteen things only:
- 1. Whole wheat bread
- 2. Tuna
- 3. any fruits
- 4. any vegetables
- 5. 8 oz. steak
- 6. Two chicken breasts
- 7. Salad vegetables
- 8. Balsamic vinegar
- 9. Special K Cereal
- 10. Skim milk
- 11. Brown rice
- 12. Instant oatmeal (not the sweetened packaged kind though)
- 13. Sliced turkey breast
- 14. 3 servings of fish
- 15. Low-fat yogurt
- 16. Eggs
Using these foods as the basis for your diet, write out a diet plan for the next seven days.
- After that, you will be fully committed to sticking to it. Part of the motivation for clearing out your kitchen ahead of time is that there will not be any food that you can “cheat” with.
- Next, you want to get a pedometer and make sure that you walk at least 10,000 steps each day.
That may seem like a lot, but here are some ways that you can get extra steps in.
1. Park far away from the front door of your work or a store.
- Not only will you get extra steps in, but you will have a much easier time parking.
2. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- If you work above the fourth floor, get off of the elevator at least two floors early and walk the rest of the way.
3. When you have to contact a colleague at work, don’t phone or email them, walk over to their office or desk.
4. If you take the bus or other form of mass transportation, get off a stop or two early and walk.
5. Walk the dog.
- If you don’t have a dog, volunteer to walk the neighbor’s dog.
6. Take a walk before dinner.
- Not only will you increase the number of steps you take that day, but a walk before dinner will reduce your appetite.
7. Finally, try to drink at least eight, 8-ounce glasses of water each day when you are trying to lose weight.
- You can do this by drinking one liter of water at work and another liter at home.
- If you don’t like water plain, it is okay to substitute unsweetened iced tea or sugar-free lemonade or punch.
It is possible to lose 6 pounds in a week.
- Try radically altering your diet, walking more, and drinking a substantial amount of water.
- It’s not a life that you will be restricted to this plan, it’s just a week.
- And, you’ll be able to lose 6 pounds in that time.
Does Pilates Work Millions Say Yes
- Does Pilates work, even if you’re terribly out of shape? Does it work if you’ve had an injury, or you have bad knees? Millions of people have discovered that Pilates seems to be good for whatever ails you.
- It may not be a miracle cure for every ailment, but ask anyone who’s been doing Pilates regularly, “Does Pilates work?” You’re bound to get a resounding, “Yes!”
Pilates started as an exercise only wealthy people could afford because it was done on an expensive machine called a Reformer.
- Joseph Pilates designed the machine to be used for over a hundred different movements.
- Each movement uses your body’s weight as resistance and offers equal intensity through both sides of each movement, to work opposing muscle groups equally.
Does Pilates work to help strengthen muscles?
Yes, and it does so without building muscle bulk that bodybuilders go for. Because the movements don’t have to be repeated many times for you to reap the full benefits, there’s no bulky muscle-building involved. Rather, Pilates lengthens and tones the muscles, which makes them smaller and denser.
Do the exercises work if you’ve had an injury?
- Pilates is renowned for helping prevent injury! And even those who’ve already suffered back, knee, and joint injuries can find the slow and soothing movements of Pilates will help strengthen the muscles around those joints.
- It’s a low-impact workout, so there’s no strain or pressure put on joints.
- This minimizes the risk of someone injuring themselves again.
Will it help you improve your posture as you’ve heard?
- Because Pilates strengthens the core muscles of the abdomen and lowers the back, the entire body is better supported.
- This can help someone who’s been doing Pilates workouts walk taller and hold themselves straighter.
Does Pilates work to improve all the body’s systems?
- While this might seem to be a far-fetched claim, think about all that Pilates does.
- It strengthens the muscles while toning and trimming them.
- It strengthens the core muscles that support not only the spine but surrounds the body’s organs and hold them firm.
- So not only is posture improved, but because the entire abdominal wall is stronger, it offers more support for your internal organs.
People who do Pilates benefit from the deep breathing of the exercises and the controlled breathing and movement.
- So not only are your organs better supported, breathing is improved which helps put more oxygen into your bloodstream. It’s starting to get easier to see how Pilates can improve your overall health, isn’t it?
Does Pilates work if you’re really out of shape?
- The beauty of Pilates is that it doesn’t take long, grueling workout sessions to see benefits.
- A person who hasn’t exercised in a long time can start out doing just 5 or 10 minutes of Pilates movements at a time.
- Because of the great strengthening benefits of Pilates, even a beginner can increase the time spent working out quite rapidly.
Does Pilates work?
- Try it yourself, and you’ll be able to answer that much faster than you think!