BECOME A DIGITAL ENTREPRENEUR IN 2022: START YOUR OWN ONLINE BUSINESS
BECOME A DIGITAL ENTREPRENEUR IN 2022: START YOUR OWN ONLINE BUSINESS. Hello friend, this article is about becoming growth of knowledge, for becoming DIGITAL ENTREPRENEUR IN 2022: START YOUR OWN ONLINE BUSINESS.
ENTREPRENEUR Start Your Own Business
- EXCELLENCE: Perfection,
- EXPERIENCE: Take That Trip,
- FAITH AND BELIEF: Bigger Than the Evidence
- The other day I was talking with a young man who will graduate from university next month.
- He was having a very difficult time deciding concerning his future employment.
- What would he do? Where would he go?
- On and on the questions flowed. However, the answers were escaping him.
- I began by asking him how he wanted to live, and where he wanted to live.
- Then I asked how much he wanted to earn.
- The amount he wanted to earn was considerably more than 99 percent of the companies in the country would offer, if they decided to employ him.
Then I asked, “Why don’t you start your own company? Work for yourself.”
- I suggested every company in the world was started by someone.
- If they could do it, he could, too. His reply was a blank stare.
- Then slowly he said, “I never thought of that.”
- I replied, “There are millions of people in the country and every one of them has needs.
- Think of what those needs are, then which one you would most enjoy filling.”
- For some strange reason, as a people, we seem to think a person must be a certain age before they can start a business of their own.
- That idea has no foundation. It’s ridiculous! Age has nothing to do with starting a business.
Courage, ambition, and a sincere desire to serve others are all that are required.
- You may be eighteen or eighty.
- I read where Kemmons Wilson built a chain of hotels—Wilson Inns. Mr. Wilson was eighty years old.
- He had retired and became bored.
- By the way, he is the originator of Holiday Inns.
- Young Tim Dorchuk of Burlington, Ontario, at nineteen years of age, is a self-made millionaire. He started his own business at the age of twelve.
- Experience you will get it.
- The money you will attract it.
- Make a decision, find a need, and fill it.
- Your age should not be a consideration.
- Apathy can be overcome by enthusiasm, and enthusiasm can only be aroused by two things: first, an ideal, which takes the imagination by storm, and second, a definite intelligible plan for carrying that ideal into practice.
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
1. EXCELLENCE: Perfection
- If you are in search of ideas that will stimulate you to greater results and rewards, permit me to suggest that you take a peek into history or read biographies of great men and women from the past.
- There is a wonderful biography written by John Adding-ton Symonds on the life of one of the most famous Italians who has ever lived.
- The biography is titled The Life of Michelangelo Buonarroti. Michelangelo Buonarroti was born over five hundred years ago.
- He was almost ninety years of age when he died, leaving the world with masterpieces that will live forever.
How does one do such work of perfection with lasting beauty?
- Perhaps this question can be answered, in part, through a story about the time Michelangelo was putting some finishing touches to one of his statues when a friend came calling.
- A few days later his friend called again, and when he saw the statue he commented that the sculptor couldn’t have done much to it since he was there last.
Michelangelo raised an eyebrow and replied, “I have retouched this part and polished that.
- I have softened this feature and brought out this muscle.
- I have given more expression to this lip and more energy to that limb.” “Oh yes,” said his friend. “But all these are trifles.” “Perhaps so,” replied Michelangelo. “But trifles make perfection—and perfection is no trifle.”
What a great lesson for us.
- Think of the times we skip over the trifles because we know no one will notice the difference.
- However, when the trifles are all molded together, they spell “perfection.”
- Although you may never reach perfection, taking care of the trifles will definitely improve the quality of your work, and you will be rewarded accordingly.
- It is reasonable to have perfection in our eye that we may always advance toward it, though we know it can never be reached. Shoot for the moon.
- Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.
BECOME DIGITAL ENTREPRENEUR IN 2021: START YOUR OWN ONLINE BUSINESS
2. EXPERIENCE: Take That Trip
- All successful people are forever attempting to expand their horizons; to stretch their minds.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes put it beautifully when he said, “Once the mind has been expanded by a big idea, it will never go back to its original state.”
- Holmes was right. When you have expanded your mind, you have developed a greater awareness, and awareness is not something you can lose.
- Travelling can do this for you.
- I have been fortunate enough to have traveled completely around this shrinking globe you and I live on.
- I was running around Brazil when I was eighteen.
- And I have strolled through the streets of Suva in Fiji, had dinner at a home in Takapuna, New Zealand, played golf in Barbados, lived in Sunbury-on Thames in England, and been entertained at the Lido in Paris.
- All of these places and countless others I can return to at will, in my memories.
They are fond memories.
- Every one of these experiences in other places has broadened my mind.
- I recently spoke with a cab driver in Barbados who was in his forties and had never been off the island.
- Although I love Barbados—it’s my most favorite spot to rest and relax—I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him because he had nothing in his personal experience to compare it to.
Where would you like to go and take your loved one?
- Why don’t you make a firm decision this very minute to go?
- Set a date, book your flight. Don’t even think about what the trip will cost. If you plan to go one year from today and amortize the cost over a year, it will be very little each day.
Make a game out of it. Each day put away the necessary amount.
- When the time comes to leave, your trip will be paid for.
- You will also find that one of the most enjoyable parts of your trip will be looking forward to going.
- It will make you a more interesting person.
- We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring Will be to arrive where we started And know the place for the first time. —T. S. ELIOT
- The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.
- How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else.
3. FAITH AND BELIEF, Bigger Than the Evidence
- Someone once defined faith as believing despite the evidence that indicates failure.
- A friend of mine recently had his business all but wiped out by a theft, which cleaned out his inventory.
- Through some oversight, his insurance did not cover the stock, leaving him with an empty warehouse.
- The local newspapers carried a lengthy article detailing my friend’s dilemma, stating that he was virtually out of business.
- You must admit, the evidence of being totally wiped out is rather overwhelming. But not in my friend’s mind.
- His attitude is, “This is the way I started, and I will start the very same way again.”
- This condition would drive many away, but his faith is much stronger than the evidence.
- What about you? Is there evidence in your life holding you back from going ahead, from starting again?
- It would be impossible to estimate the number of people who are held back because they allow the evidence to overwhelm them.
- On the other hand, you could easily recount the number of people who were once faced with impossible odds and succeeded because of one single piece of evidence in their favor:
- They would have done it, no matter how great the odds were against them.
- The people in that category felt it would be better to try and not succeed than to not have tried at all.
- This explosive power of faith in oneself has a domino effect.
- It knocks over any number of obstacles and picks up momentum as it moves forward.
- My friend and his partner proved, once again, that all of us are bigger than the evidence that indicates failure.
- You can prove this to yourself when you decide to move forward toward one obstacle at a time, and with strong faith, you will increase the possibility of winning.
- A man of courage is also full of faith. We can let circumstances rule us, or we can take charge and rule our lives from within.
The Deciding Factor
- There are countless stories of men and women who had great purpose and high ideals, and who worked toward and reached incredible goals.
- Time after time, these people came up against obstacles or circumstances that would destroy the average person.
- These people would find themselves in situations that appeared devastating.
- They might have lost fortunes or loved ones, or possibly had to battle some great physical problem, but they never appeared to waver.
- It seemed as if nothing could stop them.
- You very likely can think of several people you know personally, or know of, who are giants when it comes to producing in your industry.
- The history of sports is filled with such examples as well.
What made these people great was their beliefs or faith. It was unshakable.
- No one and nothing could disturb or destroy their faith.
- It could very easily appear as if some emotional or capricious God has singled out, reached out to, and touched these individuals and caused them to do such great things.
- But everyone, including YOU, has been touched, blessed, endowed with these tools.
- You must develop a belief or faith based on understanding, just as these people did for themselves.
- Their faith was not blind, the kind that is easily shattered like fine crystals with the first knock that comes along.
- Their faith had a strong foundation based on understanding.
- These people are often referred to as spiritual people, and it is not difficult for them to believe or have faith, because they KNOW.
They know they can do whatever they visualize.
- They know they are dynamic, creative beings. And so are you.
- Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.
- Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.
Faith indeed tells what the senses do not tell, but not the contrary of what they see.
- It is above them and not contrary to them.
- When you believe something, it stays with you wherever you go; you cherish your beliefs and often go to great lengths to defend them whenever they are challenged.
What do you believe about yourself?
- If you’re like most people, you probably believe you are ten pounds overweight, or maybe that you should have stayed in school, or should have paid more attention to your parents’ advice the list of beliefs goes on and on.
- The vast majority of our population believes fairly negative concepts about themselves.
- They know or understand very little about themselves; how beautiful and powerful they truly are.
- You should have good and sound reasons for all of your beliefs.
- Most, if not all, of these false beliefs we hold, were picked up when we were children and have never been questioned.
- They are then used as excuses to justify poor performance.
Negative beliefs are a useless, nonproductive waste of mental and physical energy.
- Around the turn of the nineteenth century, William James said, “Belief and your belief will create the fact.”
- If you hold negative beliefs about yourself, you can be sure that your results will prove you right.
- However, clearly understand that the opposite is also true.
- When you hold powerful, positive beliefs about yourself, your results will reflect how accurate your beliefs are.
- If you are not happy with the way your life is going, question your beliefs.
- Get a good book or audio program and learn many of the beautiful truths about yourself.
- You will find that studying the positive aspects of yourself will be an exciting adventure, and you will be openly rewarded for the time and effort you put into this project. No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit.
- As is our confidence, so is our capacity. Let’s not be narrow, nasty, and negative.