16 LESSONS OF THE LAW OF SUCCESS
The Law of Success is a timeless principle that has guided individuals towards achieving their goals and attaining fulfillment in various areas of life. Throughout history, countless successful individuals have embodied and shared these invaluable lessons, serving as beacons of inspiration for generations to come.
Here, we present 16 fundamental lessons derived from the Law of Success, each representing a crucial aspect of personal growth and achievement. These lessons encompass the power of vision, persistence, self-discipline, and the importance of cultivating a positive mindset.
They remind us that success is not a mere stroke of luck, but rather a result of deliberate actions, unwavering determination, and a deep understanding of the principles that govern achievement. By internalizing these lessons and applying them in our lives, we embark on a transformative journey towards unlocking our true potential and manifesting our dreams.
16 LESSONS OF THE LAW OF SUCCESS-Author Napoleon Hill The Law of Success is a 1925 book – actually in the form of a set of 15 separate booklets by Napoleon Hill. It was released as a limited edition of 118 copies and was given to many of America’s most successful individuals.
This version was initially published as a multi-volume correspondence course.
- Later editions consolidated the material into a single hardcover book.
- The most current version available is through Wilder Publishing.
- The author frequently refers to ‘The Temple of Success’ and cites the laws and their collective understanding to be the door to the Temple of Success.
- It is his stance that thought is the most organized form of energy.
- The following outline is from the original 1925 edition.
16 LESSONS OF THE LAW OF SUCCESS
Lesson 1. A Definite Purpose
- Lesson 1. A Definite Purpose will teach you how to save the wasted effort which the majority of people expend in trying to find their life-work.
- This lesson will show you how to do away forever with aimlessness and fix your heart and hand upon some definite, well-conceived purpose as a life-work.
Lesson 2. Self-Confidence
- Lesson 2. Self-Confidence will help you master the six basic fears with which every person is (cursed): the fear of Poverty, the fear of Ill Health, the fear of Old Age, the fear of (Criticism), the fear of Loss of Love of Someone, and the fear of Death.
- It will teach you the difference between (egotism) and real self-confidence which is based upon definite, usable knowledge.
Lesson 3. Initiative and Leadership
- Initiative and leadership will show you how to become a leader instead of a follower in your chosen field of endeavor.
- It will develop in you the instinct for leadership which will cause you gradually to gravitate to the top in all undertakings in which you participate.
Lesson 4. Imagination
- Imagination will stimulate your mind so that you will conceive new ideas, and develop new plans which will help you in attaining the object of your Definite Chief Aim.
- This lesson will teach you how to “build new homes out of old stones”, so to speak.
- It will show you how to create new ideas out of old, well-known concepts, and how to put old ideas to new uses.
- This one lesson, alone, is the equivalent of a very practical course in salesmanship, and it is sure to prove a veritable gold mine of knowledge to the person who is in earnest.
Lesson 5. Action
- Action – As a matter of fact imaginations and purposes cannot yield anything unless action is taken to realize the purpose.
- Actions prove the practicability of our imaginations. When powered with clear purpose and strong leadership it yields desired results [requires further contribution and reference]
Lesson 6. Enthusiasm
- Enthusiasm will enable you to “saturate” all with whom you come in contact with interest in you and in your ideas.
- Enthusiasm is the foundation of a Pleasing Personality, and you must have such a personality in order to influence others to cooperate with you.
Lesson 7. Self-Control
- Self-control is the “balance wheel” with which you control your enthusiasm and direct it where you wish it to carry you.
- This lesson will teach you, in a most practical manner, to become “the master of your fate, the Captain of your Soul.
Lesson 8. Habit Of Performing More Service Than Paid For
- The Habit Of Performing More Service Than Paid For is one of the most important lessons of the Law of Success course.
- It will teach you how to take advantage of the Law of Increasing Returns,
- which will eventually insure you a return in money far out of proportion to the service you render.
- No one may become a real leader in any walk of life without practicing the habit of doing more work and better work than that for which he is paid.
Lesson 9. Attractive Personality
- Attractive Personality is the “fulcrum” on which you must place the “crow-bar” of your efforts, and when so placed, with intelligence, it will enable you to remove mountains of obstacles.
- This one lesson, alone, has made scores of Master Salesmen.
- It has developed leaders overnight.
- It will teach you how to transform your personality so that you may adapt yourself to any environment, or to any other personality, in such a manner that you may easily dominate.
Lesson 10. Accurate Thought
- Accurate Thought is one of the important foundation stones of all enduring success.
- This lesson teaches you how to separate “facts” from mere “information.”
- It teaches you how to organize known facts into two classes: the “important” and the “unimportant.”
- It teaches you how to determine what is an “important” fact.
- And It teaches you how to build definite working plans, in the pursuit of any calling, out of FACTS.
- It illustrates how the eyes of an accurate thinker see only facts and not delusions of prejudice, hate, and envy.
- It explains how accurate thought depends on deductive reasoning and creative thought.
Lesson 11. Concentration
- Concentration teaches you how to focus your attention upon one subject at a time until you have found a way to master that subject,
- and have put that knowledge into operation.
- He gives you techniques on how to ensure that your goal is concentrated on until you have completed that goal.
Lesson 12. Tolerance
- Toleration will teach you how to avoid the disastrous effects of racial and religious prejudices which mean defeat for millions of people who permit themselves to become entangled in a foolish argument over these subjects, thereby poisoning their own minds and closing the door to reason and investigation.
- This lesson is the twin sister of the one on ACCURATE THOUGHT, for the reason that no one may become an Accurate Thinker without practicing tolerance.
- Intolerance closes the book of knowledge and writes on the cover,
- “Finished, I have learned it all!”
- Intolerance makes enemies of those who should be friends.
- It destroys opportunity and fills the mind with doubt, mistrust, and prejudice.
Lesson 13. Failure
- Failure will teach you how to make stepping stones out of all of your past and future mistakes and failures.
- It will teach you the difference between “failures” and “temporary defeat,” a difference which is very great and important.
- It will teach you how to profit from your own failures and by the failures of other people.
Lesson 14. Cooperation
- Co-operation will teach you the value of teamwork in all you do.
- In this lesson, you will be taught how to apply the law of the “Master Mind” described in this Introduction and in Lesson 2 of this course.
- This lesson will show you how to coordinate your own efforts with those of others, in such a manner that friction, jealousy, strife, envy, and cupidity will be eliminated.
- You will learn how to make use of all that other people have learned about the work in which you are engaged.
Lesson 15. Habit of Saving
- The habit of Saving will teach you the value of saving money.
Lesson 16. The Golden Rule
- The Golden Rule will teach you how to make use of the great universal law of human conduct in such a manner that you may easily get harmonious co-operation from any individual or group of individuals.
- Lack of understanding of the law upon which the Golden Rule philosophy is based is one of the major causes of failure of millions of people who remain in misery, poverty, and want all their lives.
- This lesson has nothing whatsoever to do with religion in any form, nor with sectarianism, nor have any of the other lessons of this course on the Law of Success.