Why Losing Weight is Good? Weight Loss Tips- Part 1/10
Why Losing Weight is Good? Weight Loss Tips- Part 1/10. There is a great benefit acquired from losing weight. Though losing weight is not easy, the long-term effects brought by it would probably be of help to anyone considering to shed those unwanted and unhealthy pounds. The following are a few of the remarkable advantages of losing excess weight.
Weight loss prevents high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke
- That is a three in one benefit from losing weight. It is a fact that heart disease and stroke are one of the primary reasons for disability and death in both men and women in the US. People who are overweight have a higher risk to have high levels of cholesterol in their bloodstream as well as triglycerides (also known as blood fat).
Angina, one type of heart disease, could cause chest pains as well as a decrease in the oxygen pumped to the heart.
- Sudden death also occurs from heart disease and stroke, and usually, this strikes with very little warning, signs, and symptoms.
- It is a fact that decreasing your weight by a mere five to ten percent, could positively decrease the chances of you having or developing heart disease or a stroke. Plus, how your heart functions would also improve as well as your blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglyceride count will decrease.
Weight loss prevents type 2 diabetes
- Diabetes puts in jeopardy one’s life as well as how one leads his or her life because of the complications that result from having it.
- Both types of diabetes, type one and type two are linked with being overweight.
- To those who already have diabetes, regular exercise and losing weight could help in controlling your blood sugar levels as well as the medication you may be currently taking.
- Increase your physical activity.
- You could simply walk, jog or dance.
- It helps get those blood streams moving as well as lose those unnecessary pounds.
Weight loss helps reduce your risk for cancer
- Being overweight is linked with several kinds of cancer.
- Especially for women, the common types of cancer that are associated with being overweight include cancer of the uterus, gallbladder, ovary, breast, and colon.
- This is not meant to scare you, this is only to keep you informed.
- Men are at risk too of developing cancer if they are overweight.
- These include cancer of the colon, prostate, and rectum.
- Extra weight, a diet high in fat and cholesterol should as much as possible be avoided.
Weight loss reduces sleep apnea Or it could eliminate it.
- Sleep apnea is a condition wherein one could temporarily stop breathing for a brief period and then would continue to snore heavily.
- Sleep apnea could cause drowsiness or sleepiness during the day and – because of being overweight – could result in heart failure.
- Shedding those excess pounds could help in eliminating this problem.
Weight loss reduces the pain of osteoarthritis
- When one weighs heavily, the joints of his or her knees, hips, and lower back would have to exert double if not triple effort to carry him or her throughout his / her waking, walking, and moving life.
- This could cause tension and stress on these joints.
- Weight loss decreases the load these joints carry thus decreasing if not eliminating the pain of one who has osteoarthritis.
Weight Loss Tips-Pointers on Losing Weight Safely.
- People who want to lose weight commonly, and first of all, think about reducing the amount of food they eat.
- This may be quite a solution but not exactly the best there is.
- Depending on the amount you reduce in your food intake, it may even be dangerous to one’s health.
- So how does one lose weight effectively and safely?
- Here are some points one should consider when trying to lose weight:
Beware of the Crash Diets
- Most people think that trimming down the calories can alone shed off their unwanted excess.
- Probably this is because of the fad there is in advertising about low-calorie food products and beverages.
- What people don’t know is that this could be dangerous because when they decrease their calorie intake way to below the required levels, the body begins to digest the fats.
- Sounds good but it doesn’t actually. Burning fat requires a lot of energy.
- Since there is not much energy in the body to facilitate the metabolism of fat, it will run at a very slow pace resulting in fatigue, illness, and a weak immune system.
A low-calorie diet is also compensated for by the body by burning muscle.
- People on this type of diet who revert to their old eating habits end up gaining back some if not all the weight they have shed off.
- This would consist mainly of fats.
- And since fats have more volume per mass than muscle, they end up having the same weight as before but bulkier.
- In losing weight, one should keep in mind that they should lose excess body fats only.
- However, one can try out eating small meals at more frequent intervals.
- This way the body will not think that it is being starved and will not store food as fat.
- One may have considered junking the crash diet option but he should also not forget to watch what he is eating.
- The variety must always be considered so that one may be able to get the necessary nutrients from his diet.
- It is also healthier to eat food that is roasted, steamed, or broiled rather than fried.
- It is also important to include a lot of fiber in the diet.
- Frequent rehydration is also necessary.
Pump Up lean Muscle Mass
- Muscles burn calories when they work; they even do so at rest.
- Unlike fats that just lie around, bulge around the pants, and dangle beneath the sleeves, muscles burn calories all day round.
- With this fact, one can start weight loss by increasing muscle mass.
- The more muscles, the less fat will be left.
- This is attainable starting with working out with resistance exercises.
Engaging in Aerobics
- Aerobics are not only good for the heart by increasing cardio-vascular endurance.
- Aerobics also help in increasing lean muscle mass while simultaneously decreasing excess body fat.
- Aside from these, aerobics make the metabolic process more efficient and its rate high, even after a long while.
- Imagine burning fat efficiently while driving along the freeway or even while watching television.
Some people believe that smoking and caffeine can help in losing weight. This can perhaps be true; however, they do the body more harm than good because of their side effects. For that extra “push”, one can try out taking food supplements. After all, 95% of these products out in the market does well.
On Taking Diet Pills
- Over-the-counter diet pills affect the amount of weight one loses as well as how long one keeps that amount of weight off.
- However, one must be wary of the side effects of these diet pills. As such, one must faithfully follow the instructions provided in the packaging.
- It is also prudent to consult the physician anyway before trying out these drugs and also to find out which type would be best for the individual.
Losing weight does not have to mean sacrifice and suffering.
- It means opening up to a more full and healthy life where one may not have to feel bad about himself having to look the way he does or not being able to do what he wants to do.
- Losing weight might entail little adjustments plus the discomforts, but as the old saying goes, “no pain, no gain.”
- Besides fat, what has one got to lose anyway?
99 BEST WEIGHT LOSS TIPS | EAT WELL & PHYSICAL EXERCISE
3 BEST FOOD SUPPLEMENTS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
HOW TO REDUCE WEIGHT WITH DIET AND EXERCISE?
Comments are closed.